OPENHIVEportal brings your school’s ICT services and communities together
Based on Microsoft SharePoint, OPENHIVEportal has a range of document management and collaboration tools. OPENHIVEportal is a secure and password-protected environment. All users can access content and data that’s relevant to thier role.
With one Single Sign-On (SSO), your staff, learners, parents and governors can access information, content, applications and data that are relevant to them, including collaboration tools such as wikis and blogs.
OPENHIVEportal brings a range of document management and collaboration tools. Document management features include: drag and drop from existing file storage; open and save of documents from OPENHIVEportal; document check-out and check-in with version control; workflow management. In addition you can select different themes and customise based on your organisation identity.
Many of are current sites are running on SharePoint 2010; this year OPENHIVEportal will be updated to provide SharePoint 2013 and we will be working to migrate all customers providing additional functionality to everyone.
Why use OPENHIVEportal?
- More personalised and engaging experience for learners, leading to improved performance and higher levels of attainment.
- Encourages greater interaction throughout the entire school community.
- Single Sign-On (SSO) facility provides access to all authorised areas for a complete and seamless experience.
- Easy management of shared, personal and private collaboration and class sites.
- Can be extensively customised to meet the needs of education, with age-appropriate interfaces and access to educational content.
- Site, group and individual user management is provisioned by OPENHIVEiD, ensuring easy and secure management of shared, personal and private collaboration and class sites.
- A branded website, creating greater awareness of your school, engaging the wider community and attracting new pupils.
- A LA, cluster or federation-wide portal for real time collaboration or enterprise wide for schools.
- Pre-created templates mean that everyday school activities can be published online quickly and easily, improving communication.
- Full support from our OPENHIVE help desk.